Over 50% of the world's population lives in cities. This trend is rather increasing over the next years, exponentially in developing countries.
Cities have not only taken advantage of technology available to make their citizen's life easier, they also enabled them to become part the concept.
Examples range from energy- efficient buildings to sensors that manage lightning for public places, waste disposal systems to pick-up public and household trash more efficiently, car and bike-sharing and locating empty parking spots. Cities, additionally taking more and more advantage of crowd-sourcing information by encouraging citizens to report incidents like overflowing trash-cans, graffiti, and traffic information.
Have you seen any of these changes and did they improve your life?
I live in a smart city or have spent some time there: yes, these changes have improved my life (50%)
I live in a city or have spent some time there but cannot see any changes (0%)
I live in a smart city or have spent some time there: no, my life has not improved (0%)
Others (please leave comment) (50%)
- geert koopmans likes Volker Harms's reply Re: Machine Control - Dual or Single mast
- geert koopmans likes Bernhard Marx's comment Tony-Vanneman_Topcon.pdf
- Ralf Konrad, Andreas Holleyn, and Volker Harms like mlimbach's blog post Telematics Standard: Data, Data, Data…
- Climent Vilatersana likes mlimbach's comment Telematics Standard: Data, Data, Data…
- Marc Pascual Barrera and Volker Harms like Climent Vilatersana's comment Telematics Standard: Data, Data, Data…
Create a Table of Contents
Did you know you can easily add a Table of Contents to anything you create in MOBA Community? Use the Style menu in the editor to select any of the Header styles and the header text will be added to the Table of Contents with a link to that part of the content. Then insert the Table of Contents from the >> menu in the editor and the Table of Contents will show up where ever you inserted it.