Over 50% of the world's population lives in cities. This trend is rather increasing over the next years, exponentially in developing countries.
Cities have not only taken advantage of technology available to make their citizen's life easier, they also enabled them to become part the concept.
Examples range from energy- efficient buildings to sensors that manage lightning for public places, waste disposal systems to pick-up public and household trash more efficiently, car and bike-sharing and locating empty parking spots. Cities, additionally taking more and more advantage of crowd-sourcing information by encouraging citizens to report incidents like overflowing trash-cans, graffiti, and traffic information.
Have you seen any of these changes and did they improve your life?
I live in a smart city or have spent some time there: yes, these changes have improved my life (50%)
I live in a city or have spent some time there but cannot see any changes (0%)
I live in a smart city or have spent some time there: no, my life has not improved (0%)
Others (please leave comment) (50%)
- agatal and Sebastian Sehr like jörgschittenhelm's blog post GNSS Accuracy and Precision
- David Shelstad likes sabine's event M&T Expo
- guo Li and ivan-b4 like Sascha Feuchtinger's reply Re: Sonic Sensor Type 08
- guo Li likes Yuyuan Sun's comment Hannover Messe 2015 – our link between “Industry 4.0” and “Smart City”
- lduchscherer likes Frank Hafemann's comment GNSS Accuracy and Precision
Reply to Discussion Using Email
Stuck without web access? In a hurry? If your community manager has enabled this feature, you can respond to MOBA Community discussions by using the reply feature of your email client. Just reply to the email notification that you'd like to respond to, type up your reply, and hit Send. Your reply will show up in MOBA Community momentarily.